Monday, February 6, 2012

No News is... Well, No News



My two favorite necklaces - Christmas gifts from my hubby (left) and my sweet sister-in-law, Courtney (right)



So we continue to sit at the same number as we have for the past two months (somewhere in the mid-60s). There have been no referrals given from our agency in the past two months. Waiting when you see movement is one thing. Waiting with no movement and no end in sight is something else altogether. We are too far in (a year and several thousand dollars) to back out now but sometimes we (especially I) start to wonder if this really will ever happen.

When we signed on last January things were moving smoothly and relatively quickly with adoptions in Ethiopia. In the past year things have changed in nearly every part of the process. Things are not moving smoothly or quickly at this point and we are uncertain what the future holds (aren't we alway though?) There are MANY children and babies in Ethiopia who need loving homes. I believe there are many people at work both here in the United States and there in Ethiopia who want to see that happen and happen the right way. But being in the middle of the process while changes are made and bugs attempted to be worked out just isn't pleasant.

We know God was in our decision to choose this country and even this agency. So, we will wait... and trust.

I am thankful for the reminder that our trust is not in a timeframe, an agency, a process, a government, or even our own plans. Our trust can only reside in God, who is both loving and all-powerful to work His purposes.

I've been jotting down references in a notebook for a while, and last week finally got a lot of the verses written out and hung on our adoption wall. I have many more to go, and am hoping Keith and the boys add to it as well. Tyler was so cute, and asked if I would please not write them in cursive and if I would please hang them low enough so he can see them and read them. :)


Here are just a few that have been an encouragement to me already!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Perfect words. Thank you. It is so true.....God lead us to Ethiopia and CHI.....we need to be faithful as He is faithful. Waiting with you! --even though it is hard.

Mary Ann said...

Hang in there! Each day is a day closer...I'm praying for you!