Wednesday, February 8, 2012
My January Reads
I started the year with a list of about 20 books I want to read this year, though I add to it all the time. I read three of them in January:
The first two books I read on my Kindle, which I got as a birthday gift last year and love!
1. The Money Saving Mom's Budget by Crystal Paine - I love Crystal's blog and looked forward to this book coming out. There were lots of great ideas and reminders for living frugally, saving, and giving. The main things I came away with is the importance of written financial goals (though right now everything extra we can scrape up goes to our adoption fund!) and that I want to try cash-only again, especially for groceries and household items. I am so thankful the Lord has allowed us to be debt-free and have some savings but it is always good to be learning and doing better.
2. Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider - I got this ebook free! It was a quick, easy read with lots of ideas for simplifying your home and your life. I finished the book and wanted to clean my house and get rid of lots of stuff! :) I liked the book enough I ordered her other book, One Bite at a Time and am reading it now.
3. Orphanology by Tony Merida and Rick Morton - This book's subtitle is awakening to gospel-centered adoption and orphan care. It showed how adoption is a picture of the gospel and how caring for orphans is connected to the gospel. It was a good read, made me think a lot, and left me wondering what more we should be doing as a family and as a church.
Have you read any good books lately?
Labels:
Books
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just finished "Radical" by David Platt and am in the middle of Love Wins by Rob Bell. Both good reads! I also have been devouring the Big Nate children's books. Winners!
Post a Comment