Monday, January 30, 2012

Name Canvases



I wanted to make something to hang in the boys' rooms. I bought a couple of canvasses and had planned to paint their names along with some of their characteristics (even some they are growing into or maybe a positive spin on their natural tendencies! :)

I'm not very good with paint, though, so came up with this instead. I printed the characteristics, as well as a key verse for each,  on various scrapbook paper and then tore them. The letters of their names were cut on the Cricut. Everthing was just just decoupaged on with Mod Podge. We had a scrapbooking retreat last weekend, so I spent the majority of my free time during the retreat working on these. I like Brandon's best as I think I got some of Tyler's rows and little too narrow, but overall I was happy with how they turned out and they look great hanging in their new room!

3 comments:

three little birds said...

great idea!
They turned out gorgeous, I may just have to "borrow" this idea ...
:)

Mary Ann said...

Super cute! I like them a lot. I hope the scrapbook retreat was a success :-)

Steph said...

Thanks, girls. Anne, my best ideas are "borrowed!"