Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Officially Waiting and A Giveaway!


As of Monday we are officially a waiting family. We received our wait list number - 76! That means we are the 76th family presently on our agency's waiting list for a referral to adopt from Ethiopia. It sounds like a huge number to us right now, but we are resting in God's perfect timing. We are praying for the referals to start rolling in, as there has been quite a lull with our agency lately.

Someone had this quote on facebook today, that I thought was so fitting.

If the Lord Jehovah makes us wait, let us do so with our whole hearts; for blessed are all they that wait for HIm. He is worth waiting for. The waiting itself is beneficial to us: it tries faith, exercises patience, trains submission, and endears the blessing when it comes.  - Charles Spurgeon


In honor of our first wait number, we are doing our first giveaway here on our blog! Here is what one blessed winner will receive:
One 13 oz. bag of African Skies coffee from Just Love Coffee Roasters
A lovely teal/brown mug
Book - Trust, Hope Pray: Encouragement for the Task of Waiting by Luke & Trisha Priebe (mentioned previously on our blog here.)
Plus a little surpise!


You can get an entry for each of the following (choose one or do all three for up to three entries):

1. Become a follower of our blog or subscribe by email (if you already subscribe or are a follower, that counts).
2. Make a purchase from our "Just Love Coffee" store: justlovecoffee.com/augustusadoption or make a donation using our new Paypal button on the right side of this blog.
3. Blog or post on facebook with a link to this giveaway.

Leave a comment on this post telling me how many entries you get and for which of the above. Be sure to include your email address so we can get in touch with you if you win.

The giveaway will end Tuesday, September 20th at midnight (central time).

We look forward to sharing this gift set with someone!

12 comments:

Jen said...

Hi, Steph! First of all, thank you so much for your sweet comment and encouragement on our blog! :) I'm happy to be a new follower of yours! And, congrats on a number...welcome to our wait list!! :)

Jen said...

...and I shared your giveaway on FB.
jnchase311@yahoo.com

Mamasita Chimichanga said...

Hey Stephanie! I am following your blog now...(didn't realize I wasn't already!)... and I posted it on FB! I couldn't be more excited for you guys! I will definitely continue praying for your family! =)

Mary Ann said...

Congrats with the referral! I'm a follower already. Thanks for the giveaway - you know me, I loves the coffee :-)

Evan said...

YaY Congrats on joining the wait list. Some perspective-when we adopted Finn last year we were number 111 when we joined the list. We waited 10 months for our referral-very short compared to some country programs. We hope to be on the wait list any day now again and are thrilled to be hitting the list under #100! Now lets pray for some referrals!!!

Amanda said...

Now following you and shared your blog on facebook. We adopted 2 children through our state's foster program, so adoption is near and dear to our hearts! Excited to now follow your journey! :)

Amanda said...

oops! email is mandigirl315@hotmail.com

Susan S. said...

I can't wait to go shopping for girlie stuff:)

Mary Ann said...

I posted on facebook. I've got my coffee mug ready :-)

Adele said...

I'm a follower (at least I think I did it right!) and I posted it on fb. So excited that you're on the waiting list!

Heidi said...

I am a follower, and I posted this on FB.

Praying for you as you wait for the Lord's timing.

The Nageotte Family said...

It was so nice to meet you Sunday. We signed up as an e-mail follower...congratulations on getting on the list, we are very happy for you!

The Nageottes