Last week I conquered one of my least-favorite jobs - switching over all of our "summer" clothes for the "winter" clothes. I don't know why I always dread this bi-annual chore but I do. Mine are relatively simply. I pull everything out of the closet and drawers, pile it on the bed, decide what I haven't worn that I can get rid of, empty the huge lidded basket I keep out-of-season clothes in (it doubles as a big nightstand in our bedroom), and switch. The boys are not so simple. We have to decide what Tyler can no longer fit that we can depart with, try on the winter stuff to decide what will work for who this year, inventory what we have, what we need to buy, etc. It's a chore - and in case you didn't know, seven and nine year old boys would rather do about anything than try on clothes.
But this year, I came out with a different perspective. We are so blessed. Not only do we all have clothes filling dressers and closets, but we have enough we have to store the extra, out-of season stuff in totes and underbed containers. God has provided so much for us. We are so spoiled. As a bonus, this year we had been given hand-me-downs from a neighbor and a friend from church. Due to this and a very few things I bought at the end of the season last year, the boys didn't need anything except a new pair of khaki pants for each. God provides. What a blessing and a great reminder I needed right now!
2 comments:
I also dread this chore but see God's blessings through my grumpiness. God is so good to us and sometimes we need these simple seasonal reminders to keep ourselves in check.
I think I dread this chore because it's just another thing to get done. I'm glad that you got the motivation - wanna come give me a punch to get going? :-)
The Lord is so incredibly generous. It's overwhelming in a good way. Thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment