I did it. I let myself walk through the baby department a few weeks ago and I couldn't resist. Pair cute sundresses with an additional 60% off already marked down prices, and I couldn't help myself. Especially when I killing time waiting to pick up a letter needed for our adoption from our doctor's office.
So these are the first things I bought for our little girl. I bought toddler sizes since we don't know for sure how old she'll be or what size she'll need. Oh boy, this girl thing is going to be fun!
Brandon said the other day, "Mommy, we're going to have a lot more pink in our house, aren't we?"
It is hard to know at what point we can start being excited and not worried that this won't work out. At what point do we start saying "when" and not "if"? When is it o.k. to start rearranging rooms and decorating a nursery? We know God has put us on this path, and so I guess it is fine to assume it will happen unless He closes the door at some point. Until then we wait with anticipation and hope (and let ourselves plan and dream a little and begin to fill the hope chest).
2 comments:
So excited for you! And praying for you! PS-Are you getting my facebook messages? Love you bunches! Hoping you are having a splendid summer!
Such pretty little picks from your shopping trip! Don't have any cares, Steph. This will all come to be in the Lord's timing. He will accomplish His will :-) *hugs*
Post a Comment